Please subscribe by clicking the button located on the right side of the page.
This book is about a series of shark attacks that occurred around New Jersey in 1916. It covers the events by looking at multiple aspects of what happened and what might have caused a rouge shark to behave in such a manner.
The author gives a brief and easy to understand description of the evolution and biology of sharks. It looks at what makes the shark unique and its place as an apex predator in the ecosystem.
The author also explains what was happening in history during the early 1900s and the societal norms of the time. This was a time of change and more people were entering the ocean for leisure than had ever done before in American history.
One of the most gripping parts of the book was how the author delved into the personal lives of each of the victims. He talked about their family history, their work or school career, and the long term effects each attack had surviving family members.
This was an interesting and educational book to read. I found it riveting and would highly recommend it.
I took this picture the other day. There were storms the night before, but it was a quiet morning. It felt like the world had been refreshed and was at peace.
Today is National Tattoo Day, so I have some advice for your first tattoo.
- You get what you pay for
- Find something meaningful to you
- Never get a tattoo while under the influence
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions
- Don’t get a tattoo because of peer pressure
- Follow the aftercare instructions
- Start small
- Carefully consider the placement of your tattoo
- Enjoy the experience
Questions to help you get to know yourself.
- What makes you happy?
- What do you hate doing?
- What are you afraid of doing?
- What accomplishments make you proud?
- How do you want to be remembered?
- How can you make the world a better place?
- What are your core values?
- Who are your role models?
- What can you learn form your failures?
- For what are you thankful?
- What do you dislike about yourself?
- What do you like about yourself?
- What are you life goals?
These are my rules for a better life.
- Be polite
- Take time to enjoy the little things
- Keep your promises
- Smile more
- Be grateful
- Do your best
- Don’t compare yourself to others
- Get enough sleep
- Always be learning
- Be humble
- Admit your mistakes
- Forgive yourself and others
- Be helpful
- Spend time with family and friends
- Live within your means
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Be honest
- Pay attention to the world around you
- Listen to people
Currently I drive a Jeep named Draco.
I like to name my vehicles, because they are an important part of my life. I live in a rural community and without a good running vehicle I would be in a world of hurt.
Do you name your cars?
Do you need some ideas for a cool name? Try one of these.