I have done a wide variety of jobs in my life.
- I cleaned stairways in an apartment building for a couple of years.
- I pumped gas at a full service gas station.
- I was an administrative assistant at Calhoun Community College.
- I was a Residential Assistant at a drug rehab center.
- I was a waitress at Waffle House for two weeks. What can I say? I was a terrible waitress.
- I was a cashier at Hardees
- I worked at a print shop.
- I was a nanny.
- I tested satellite receivers at a manufacturing plant.
- I taught GED classes.
- I was a Case Manager at a mental health center.
- I was an Administrative Assistant and a Project Management Specialist at the US Army Corps of Engineers.
- I still have an online retail business, which I started four years ago.
- I have done furniture refinishing for the last couple months.
I enjoyed most of these jobs, but I always felt a lack of passion for my work. It didn’t mater if I was self-employed, working for a large cooperation, working in a small business, or even how much money I made at the job. There was still something missing.
Lately, I have been thinking about what would be my dream job.
Books are something I have always been passionate about. As a child, I would spend hours reading, hanging out at the library, and walking around the local bookstore. Books capture my imagination and fascinate me.
Writing is my dream job. I am now at a point in my life where I can make this dream a reality.
I am excited to begin my new career as a writer. It truly is a dream come true.