I just finished a time management class at the Institute of Metaphysical Sciences, which was taught by Dr. Doug Kelley. It was a great class and I really enjoyed it.
The main points included:
- Time management is largely a matter of using good common sense and working smart.
- The most effective time management device is a “To Do List.”
- Ask yourself what is the best use of my time right now.
- If you do what you should do, when you should do it, you will be successful in anything you attempt.
- When you boil it all down, doing anything worthwhile takes a healthy measure of self-discipline.
- Procrastination is the biggest barrier to time management and productivity.
- The most effective way of reducing an overburdened schedule is to prioritize your activities and learn how to say “no.”