When you are suffering from a major depressive episode:
- Your body feels weighted down. Even simple tasks, like getting dressed, take an enormous effert.
- Everything in life seems pointless. Each day is just a drudgery.
- There is an overwhelming exhaustion that cannot be cured, no matter how much you sleep you are still tired.
- You try to remember this is only a relapse. You try to maintain hope, because without it there would be no reason to live.
- You want to cry out for help, but that would take to much energy. Instead, you just curl up on the bed and suffer in silence.