Our dryer started acting crazy. It was getting hot, but didn’t dry the clothes. I have zero handyman skills, so my first inclination was to buy a new dryer.
My mom and I discussed the issue. Mom noticed there hasn’t been any lint coming out of the dryer lately. She suggested there might be a clog in the dryer. That seemed like a logical idea, so I decided to make an attempt at repairing the dryer.
I went into the laundry room and pulled the dryer out from the wall. I used a screwdriver to loosen some screws on a metal round piece that was holding an aluminum foil looking hose thing to the dryer, but it wasn’t clogged.
I pulled the lint screen thing out of the top and used a long skinny hose attached to the vacuum cleaner to clean the inside of the dryer. I shoved the hose all the way down into the machine and jammed it all around to make sure it cleared any possible blockages.
After I finished, I put the hose thing back on the machine and put it back up against the wall. My mom took a load of clothes from the washing machine and put them into the dryer to see if it would work.
Much to my surprise and amazement, the dryer was working. The clothes were dry and the machine was not overheating.
I was so proud of myself that you would have thought I rebuilt the motor. Even though all I did was remove an attachment and vacuum out some gross looking junk, I still felt like a hero.