According to Webster’s dictionary, esteem means “to hold in high regard, to respect, and to view with affection.”
Allowing others to determine your self-worth will lead to poor self-esteem and depression. Don’t do that to yourself, because you deserve better.
Here are a few tips for improving your self-esteem:
- Don’t compare yourself to others
- Treat yourself as a worthwhile person
- Take care of yourself
- Forgive yourself
- Create a healthy environment for yourself
- Don’t let others cross your boundaries
- Celebrate your accomplishments (big and small)
To sum it all up, treat yourself with respect.