According to the Oxford dictionary, a bibliophile is “a person who collects or has a great love of books.”
You may be a bibliophile if:
- When you walk into a bookstore, your facial expressions resemble that of a kid in a candy store.
- Your friends confiscate your credit card before you enter a bookstore, for your own protection.
- You have ever spent time in a library just looking at the rows and rows of books.
- Your favorite vacation destination is the Library of Congress.
- You haven’t seen any of the popular movies that everybody is talking about, but you read the books.
- As a child you wanted to grow up and become a librarian.
- You have books hidden all over you house, but still feel an overwhelming desire to buy more books.
- The quote “I cannot live without books,” by Thomas Jefferson is your personal mantra.
If you can think of any warning signs that I missed, please let me know in the comment section.