I just finished reading “The Walk” by Stephen Smallman. The book was easy read, yet full of valuable information. It is designed to help people learn how to be a disciple of Christ.
A few of the main points:
- A disciple is a follower of Jesus, not just in word, but in action as well.
- The local church is essential for spiritual support, education, and direction for serving others.
- Salvation comes when we repent and have faith in Jesus. We turn away from our sin and turn toward Jesus.
- We are justified or declared righteous by God and our sins are forgiven.
- Sanctification is the work of God in us. We are renewed in the image of God and strive to reject sin in favor of righteousness.
This book is a great resources for new believers or those who want to know more about Christianity.
I am not a Sci-Fi fanatic, but I do enjoy the genre. I guess I am more of a part-time Sci-Fi fan. Anyway, I like Sci-Fi films and books for three main reasons.
- It makes me feel as if the future is full of unlimited potential.
- The scenarios are creative and complex.
- The characters overcome extreme obstacles to defeat evil in whatever form it may take.
If you are a Sci-Fi fan or fanatic, let me know why it appeals to you. I’m curious.
Civilizations are not remembered by their business people, their bankers or lawyers. They’re remembered by their art. (Eli Broad)
The arts and humanities are vastly more important in troubled times. (Jim Leach)
There is incredible power in the arts to inspire and influence. (Julie Taymor)
In Matthew 18:15-35, Jesus teaches his followers about forgiveness. When I was reading this passage I thought of Dylan Roof.
The family members of those murdered by Dylan Roof, spoke of their hurt and the pain he caused by taking away their loved ones. However, they also offered forgiveness.
This is a great example of how forgiveness works in the real world. Dylan Roof was forgiven, but he will still pay for his crimes. He still owes a debt to society and will be punished.
Dylan Roof may never feel remorse for his actions, but the willingness to forgive still benefits the family members. It allows them to let go of the hate and anger they feel inside of them. The family members are free to heal, because of their willingness to forgive.
Forgiveness can be difficult, but it can also bring healing.
I was wondering what it would be like to hold a snake. I went to Animal Trax in Madison, Alabama, because they specialize in reptiles.
I talked with the store clerk about why someone would want to have a pet snake. They don’t interact with their owners much and they just seem to hang out in their cages all day. The clerk gave me a list of reasons, but I still don’t see the attraction.
She let me hold an adult Ball Python, because they tend to be docile. The first thing I noticed was the skin felt smooth and soft. The snake is also strong and muscular. I could feel the muscles contracting and relaxing as the snake wrapped around my hand and started to slide up my arm.
I thanked the store clerk, bought some dog treats, and headed home. It was an interesting experience.
The Huntsville Veteran’s Museum has an impressive collection of exhibits. They also have information cards, so you can learn about the history of the exhibits. I really enjoyed this museum and recommend it to anyone that happens to visit Huntsville, Alabama.
I am an extreme introvert. I thought it would be cool to get a shirt that perfectly proclaimed my introverted personality, so I went to Amazon and found several really good designs.
- This first shirt is totally me.
2. This shirt is my favorite.
3. A social club that doesn’t require actual interaction with people, sounds like a cool idea.
4. I can deal with a club that meets occasionally, in small groups, for limited periods of time.
5. That’s why I prefer living in rural areas, the cities are so peopley.
Are you an introvert and can you relate to any of these shirts? Let me know which one is your favorite.