I just finished reading “The Walk” by Stephen Smallman. The book was easy read, yet full of valuable information. It is designed to help people learn how to be a disciple of Christ.
A few of the main points:
- A disciple is a follower of Jesus, not just in word, but in action as well.
- The local church is essential for spiritual support, education, and direction for serving others.
- Salvation comes when we repent and have faith in Jesus. We turn away from our sin and turn toward Jesus.
- We are justified or declared righteous by God and our sins are forgiven.
- Sanctification is the work of God in us. We are renewed in the image of God and strive to reject sin in favor of righteousness.
This book is a great resources for new believers or those who want to know more about Christianity.