Joyce Meyer wrote, “Battlefield of the Mind” to teach how changing our thinking habits can change our life. Thoughts lead to actions.
If we have negative thoughts we will have a negative life. However, if we have positive thoughts we will have a positive life.
We should pay attention to our thoughts and think about what we are thinking. We should also spend time discovering the root cause of our negative thoughts.
Sings of a negative or out of control mind:
- Your mind is always busy
- Your mind is always wandering
- You mind is frequently confused
- Your mind is full of doubts
- Your mind is anxious or worried
- Your mind is full of judgmental or critical thoughts
Strategies to improve thinking patterns and control the mind:
- Think positive thoughts
- Spend time praising God
- Ask for help
- Meditate on God’s word
- Encourage those around you
- Be thankful
- Do things for others to show your appreciation
There are a few theological points in the book that I don’t agree with; however, the book is excellent. I would recommend this book, even if you don’t like some of the things Joyce Meyer teaches.