A few weeks ago, I was at church and the preacher was talking about various things we hear when reading the Bible and how we should, or would if we could, react to those messages.
This is what I hear and should do or would do if I could:
- I hear forgiveness. If I could, I would be more forgiving of others and show mercy to others.
- I hear love. If I could, I would be an example of that love and teach others about the love of God.
- I hear hope. If I could, I would rely on that hope and not suffer from anxiety attacks.
- I hear commitment. If I could, I would finish what I start and be dedicated to the task at hand.
- I hear freedom. If I could, I would live as a person free from sin and condemnation.
This message was part of a series and the basic points of the series are:
- Put your faith into action
- Don’t show partiality, love others, love equally, and love freely
- Freedom from legalism is freedom to love
- Don’t be a slave to sin, instead be a slave to righteousness
- Don’t be a salve to the law, instead be a slave to the word of God