Bernice Bloom discusses her weight loss journey, both the success and the failures, in her book Adorable Fat Girl. The book contains five important tips for successful weight loss.
- Understand what your body wants
- Eat when you are hungry, not just because you are bored, lonely, or emotional
- Eat the foods your body needs to stay healthy
- Psych yourself in, instead of psyching yourself out
- Be nice to yourself, treat yourself with respect
- Consuming large quantities of junk food is hazardous to your health
- Eating healthy foods is a sign of respect for yourself and your body
- WAW! Water and Walking
- Consuming water is great for your health and can decrease hunger pains
- Walking is an easy exercise to incorporate into your life
- Make it a habit
The one thing I really appreciated about this book was the honesty. The writer admitted how difficult her weight loss journey. She also explained how to overcome the common stumbling blocks to weight loss, using her own personal experience.
This is a very interesting book and worth reading.