Nick Davis was born 23 April 1781, in Virginia. He was a busy man during his life and managed to wear a wide variety of hats.
- He was a US Marshall.
- He was a Captain in the War of 1812.
- He owned several hundred acres of land in Limestone County, Alabama.
- He raced horses.
- He was admired by others as a country gentlemen.
- He was one of the framers of Alabama’s first constitution.
- He was president of the Alabama Senate.
Nick Davis died 29 September 1856 in Alabama. A major road running through Limestone and Madison Country is named after him. I can see why, Nick Davis had a lot going on and he was a busy man.