Major depression feels like:
- You are drowning and you reach up for help, but no-one is there.
- You have to act calm on the outside, but inside you are screaming in agony.
- You are trapped in a cage and you are pacing back and forth like an animal.
- You have a pressure cooker inside your body and it is about to explode.
- You are alone in the world, because you are unable to connect to people. You cannot relate to them and they cannot relate to you.
- There’s a dark cloud looming over you.
- There’s a monster inside of you and it is crushing your soul.