You may be an average person with average abilities, but your life can be extraordinary. According to Kirsten Wreggitt:
- Most of us are average, but we fight against it everyday.
- Embrace your average life and see it as extraordinary.
- Use your gifts and talents to shift an average life to extraordinary.
- Look at your accomplishments in the context of your own life.
- Define your own success in all its originality or in all its commonness.
- Never tire of following your curiosity. An average life is extraordinary in those moments of wonder and amazement.
Parks are often overlooked and underutilized by people.
Parks are peaceful places for relaxation, and they also offer opportunities for recreation. Spending time in a park can refresh the soul and calm the nerves. Take a few minutes out of your day to walk through a park or just sit on a park bench in quite contemplation.
Happy National Take a Walk in a Park Day
When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things. – Joe Namath
At the end of the day, if I can say I had fun, it was a good day. – Simone Biles
Just keep taking chances and having fun. – Garth Brooks
Never, ever underestimate the importance of having fun. – Randy Pausch
I like my music extremely loud. My friends and family occasionally make comments about it. They don’t understand the appeal.
I want to feel the music vibrating around me. I want my heart to beat in rhythm with the bass. I want to feel like I am a part of the sound.
When the music is loud, my mind goes into a whole new state of thought. I feel like my body and soul are melding with the music.
I like my music extremely loud, because I want to do more than hear the music. I want to experience the music.
Reposted from 25 February 2017
Twenty years ago, there was a quadruple homicide in this house. The victims were teenagers and they were killed for accusing a young man of stealing a cell phone.
The guilty individual, as well as his two accomplices, were convicted and the house was eventually abandoned.
I drive by this house all the time and this week I was compelled to look inside of it. It’s hard to describe how I felt entering the house.
There was a mixture of sadness and grief, due to the senseless murders that happened here. I can’t even imagine how those poor teenagers felt as they realized their lives were coming to an end. Also, I felt angry. How can someone be so evil and callused?
I didn’t know the teenagers, but I feel for them and their families. I wonder what they would have accomplished if their lives were not taken from them.
I left the house with a heavy heart and a lot of questions.
Update: The house has been torn down since this was originally posted.
I bought this t-shirt from Amazon, because I enjoy blogging and I agree with the message. Blogging is a great way to develop new skills and it can even make you smarter.
- Blogging increases creativity, since you are always on the look out for new material, stories, artwork, or photography to share with your followers.
- Blogging improves your writing skills and each post must be edited for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Blogging requires a certain amount of computer skills.
- Blogging also results in the need to conduct research and increases knowledge on various topics.
There are a lot of benefits to blogging. If you have others to add to my list, let me know in the comment section.