I just finished reading How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. Here are a few of my favorite points from this book.
- Criticism is futile, because it puts people on the defensive
- Help people get what they want.
- Be interested in what interests other people
- Be a good listener and encourage others to talk about themselves
- Always make the other person feel important
- Respect other people’s opinions
- If you are wrong, admit it
- Try to see things from the other person’s point of view
If you haven’t read this book yet, I highly recommend it.