This is an excellent book on how to truly connect and communicate with the people around you.
These are my favorites points made by the author.
- It’s not enough just to work hard. It’s not enough to do a great job. To be successful, you need to learn how to really communicate with others.
- Connecting is the ability to identify with people and relate to them in a way that increases your influence with them.
- When you connect with others, you position yourself to make the most of your skills and talents.
- Mutual concern creates connection between people.
- Connection always begins with a commitment to someone else.
- Connectors connect on common ground. It is difficult to find common ground with others when the only person you’re focused on is yourself.
- In the end, people are persuaded not by what we say, but by what they understand.
- People will not always remember what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
- When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment, you create trust.