Sharks are awesome creatures and are often misunderstood.
I also feel misunderstood, so I got a shark tattoo on my arm. However, that is not the point of this blog post, so let get back on track.
Here are some interesting facts about sharks.
- Sharks don’t have bones, instead they have cartilage. That is what makes a shark a shark, it’s not about size, shape, or eating preferences.
- Sharks have electroreceptor organs and can sense electromagnetic fields.
- Shark skin is made of dermal denticles, which is so rough it could be used as sandpaper.
- The whale shark can grow up to 40 feet long, but lives on a diet of plankton.
- Bull sharks can live in salt and fresh water.
- The dwarf lantern shark is about the size of a goldfish.