This book will teach you everything you need to know to get your dog ready to pass the American Kennel Club Canine Good Citizen Test. While I was reading it, I came across a few interesting ideas that I wanted to share.
- Use pleasant experiences, such as inducing your dog to sit with a treat.
- The most important benefit of training your dog is safety.
- Dogs are social animals, and one of the cruelest forms of punishment is to deprive them of the opportunity to interact with family members.
- Well-behaved dogs control their impulses around others and listen to their owners, making the dogs a pleasure to be around.
I hate it when my hair touches my ear.
Since I have a BAHA implant, there is a metal plate and screw in my skull. When I say I have a screw loose in my head, I am speaking the truth.
I have prosthetic ear bones behind my ear drums.
Ice Cream is my cure all food. It doesn’t matter if I:
- Have the flu
- Get the plague
- Stubbed my toe
- Broke every bone in my body
- Wreaked my car
- Lost my house in a tornado
- Was sent to prison for a crime I didn’t commit
- End up in the witness protection program
- Lost all my money in the stock market
Ice Cream makes everything better.
Gwen and I decided to check out the world’s largest functioning jukebox, which is located in Huntsville, Alabama. It’s 22 feet tall and built on the side of a building.
The jukebox has inferred cameras and songs are played based on where people stand on the sidewalk. It was cool that we didn’t have to pay to listen to the music; however, getting it to play a specific song was a bit cumbersome.
We stood on the sidewalk, listening to the music, and laughing about the whole thing. It was an interesting thing to experience.
Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. (Newt Gingrich)
The path from dreams to success does exist. May you have the vision to find it, the courage to get on to it, and the perseverance to follow it. (Kalpana Chawla)
Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish. (John Quincy Adams)
Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance. (Samual Johnson)
Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other. (Walter Elliot)