Humans can be short-sighted. We will do things that give short-term pleasure, even when it has detrimental consequences in the future.
I wonder why we are this way. I wonder if we can ever change. What could humanity accomplish if we were more focused on the consequences of our behavior than on momentary pleasures.
For some reason, I’ve been reminiscing about my youth. I’ve been thinking about what I thought my future would look like.
My life today is nothing like I thought it would be, but that’s not a bad thing.
I have accomplished a lot of things and experienced a lot of things. I’ve enjoyed my life, even though it hasn’t always been easy.
The good and the bad times all brought me to where I am now, and I am happy about that.
Sharks are awesome creatures and are often misunderstood.
I also feel misunderstood, so I got a shark tattoo on my arm. However, that is not the point of this blog post, so let get back on track.
Here are some interesting facts about sharks.
- Sharks don’t have bones, instead they have cartilage. That is what makes a shark a shark, it’s not about size, shape, or eating preferences.
- Sharks have electroreceptor organs and can sense electromagnetic fields.
- Shark skin is made of dermal denticles, which is so rough it could be used as sandpaper.
- The whale shark can grow up to 40 feet long, but lives on a diet of plankton.
- Bull sharks can live in salt and fresh water.
- The dwarf lantern shark is about the size of a goldfish.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. (Martin Luther King, Jr.)
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. (Mahatma Gandhi)
Forgiveness is not always easy. At times, it feels more painful than the wound we suffered, to forgive the one that inflicted it. And yet, there is no peace without forgiveness. (Marianne Williamson)
The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive, but do not forget. (Thomas Szasz)
When you forgive, you in no way change the past – but you sure do change the future. (Bernard Meltzer)
Forgiveness is for yourself because it frees you. It lets you out of that prison you put yourself in. (Louise L. Hay)
Creative Reasons to Call in Sick
- Spring fever
- Winter blues
- Zombie bite
- Hit by a deer
- Caffeine withdrawal
- Injured by falling out of bed
- Indigestion due to overeating
- Vitamin D deficiency must spend the day at the beach
- Legs fell asleep and cannot walk
- Hair emergency roots are showing
- Poisoned by a family member
- Wii elbow
What are some other reasons for calling in sick? Share your ideas in the comment section.