I have lived in Alabama for thirty years, so it’s my home now.
The other day, I was wondering about famous people from Alabama. I did a little research and come up with an interesting list.
- Rosa Parks
- Lionel Richie
- Robin Roberts
- Hank Aaron
- Helen Keller
- Harper Lee
- Charles Barkley
- Tim Cook
- Bo Jackson
- Carl Lewis
- Tom Joyner
- Joe Louis
- Nat King Cole
- Willie Mays
- Condoleezza Rice
- Hank Williams Sr.
- Evander Holyfield
- Felicia Day
- Jim Nabors
sources: Jared Boyd (AL.com) and Wikipedia.com
How to save money on your electric bill
- Line dry clothes
- Clean refrigerator coils to improve efficiency
- Use ceiling fans in the summer
- Replace HVAC filters
- Complete annual HVAC maintenance
- Install storm doors
- Wash clothes in cold water
- Use outdoor solar lights
- Insulate the hot water heater
- Clean ducts and vents
- Make sure windows and doors are sealed
- Purchase energy efficient appliances
- Run only full loads in the dishwasher
- Adjust your thermostat
There are two basic mindsets:
- Fixed Mindset – There is not a lot you can do to change your abilities or intelligence. Either you have a natural ability to do something our you don’t have that ability.
- Growth Mindset – There are some things that are easy for you and other things that are hard. However, you can grow in your abilities and knowledge through hard work and persistence.
The book teaches you how to develop a growth mindset and use it to improve your life.
Playing Risk for family game night is a great idea, because nothing says family fun and bonding like trying to kill each other and conquer the world.
Once I hit my mid 40’s, I noticed a marked increase in the number of times I had to use the bathroom. I even get up in the middle of the night to pee on a regular basis. I got to wondering why this was happening to me, so I googled it.
When you are young your body produces a hormone that will concentrate your urine. This allows you to sleep all night without needing a bathroom break. Unfortunately, as we age we produce less of this hormone.
If you are up in years and wondering why you have to pee all the time, now you know.