Apologizing is not always easy. You have to be willing to admit to doing wrong, to being ignorant, or to hurting someone. It takes strength and personal courage to apologize.
When delivering an apology be real and be willing to admit you were wrong. We all make mistakes. How you handle those mistakes is a demonstration of your personal character.
Today is Mother’s Day, so I thought it would be a good time for me to apologize to my mom.
Mom, I am sorry for:
- Hiding rubber snakes in the bed
- Putting that fuzzy worm on your shoulder
- Putting fish from the creek into our bathtub
- All those times you had to visit the principle, because I got in trouble at school
- Being extremely stubborn and ignoring everything you said
- Putting a plastic spider in your hair
- Hiding my brother in the shrunk
- All those speeding tickets I go as a teenager
- Being rebellious and obnoxious
It didn’t matter how much trouble I caused, how mischievous or reckless I behaved, you where always there. You never abandoned me or gave up on me. You are an awesome mom and I love you.