My favorite quotes from this book are:
All good books are alike in that they are truer then if they had really happened and after you are finished reading one you will feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it belongs to you; the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorses and sorrow, the people and the places and how the weather was.
As a man you know who is right and who is wrong. You have to make decisions and enforce them. As a writer you should not judge. You should understand.
I bought this t-shirt from Amazon, because I enjoy blogging and I agree with the message. Blogging is a great way to develop new skills and it can even make you smarter.
- Blogging increases creativity, since you are always on the look out for new material, stories, artwork, or photography to share with your followers.
- Blogging improves your writing skills and each post must be edited for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Blogging requires a certain amount of computer skills.
- Blogging also results in the need to conduct research and increases knowledge on various topics.
There are a lot of benefits to blogging. If you have others to add to my list, let me know in the comment section.
What do you write about when you can find nothing to worth writing about?
Life can become commonplace, mundane, and even boring. Maybe there is something in the unremarkable aspects of life worth writing about. Maybe I should pay more attention to the world around me, so I can find the extraordinary in the ordinary.
What does it feel like to have writer’s block?
The blank page is mocking me:
You call yourself a writer, yet there is not one word on my surface. You are a loser.
My mind feels as blank as the page. Maybe the creative section of my brain went on a vacation without telling me.
How do you break free from writer’s block?
The best way to break free from this misery is to start writing.
- Write whatever comes to your mind
- Write random words
- Make a list (favorite books, people you know, childhood memories, things you need to buy at the store)
- Describe something you can see. Write about how it looks, feels, or is used.
Writing is the best way to smash through a writer’s block.
I was thinking about pen names and came up with a list of fun pen names for writers. If you can think of any others, please share them in the comment section.