I read this book to get tips on improving my technique and to run with less stress.
According to the author, “If you adjust your running style to landing mid-foot, you will see an improvement in speed and comfort.”
This is something I want to try. If you have used this running technique let me know how it works for you.
This book is designed to help the reader discover the creativity that can be found within them. My favorite points made by the author are listed below.
- The mind is like a muscle and has to be exercised to improve.
- Talent is determined by five key elements:
This book has a section addressing Nostradamus and his role in society during the plague years. According to the author:
Nostradamus was a plague doctor. Of all recovered information about cures and practices, his were by far the most practical compared with medical standards today. He recommends against blood-letting and advocated clean water, clean air, and immediate removal of infected corpses.
This was new information for me and I thought it was interesting.
This is a book about the zombie apocalypse as told by the family dog. Riley helps his family survive the apocalypse by killing zombies and leading them to safety. His take on the various situations that arise is rather humorous.
I found this book to be enjoyable and funny.
This book has a bit of a funny take on the zombie genre.
Bob is a teenager that dies in a freak accident. His mother contacts a necromancer to bring him back to life. Unfortunately, he is not fully restored to life. Bob becomes a zombie and now must navigate through life with typical zombie problems, such as his flesh rotting off and having to staple himself back together.
I enjoyed reading the book and found it to be entertaining.
Do you ever feel like your life is stuck in a rut? If so, this book is for you. The author provides tips on how to improve your life and thought patterns. Here are a few examples:
- Develop your courage muscles by doing something everyday that scares the heck out of you.
- Consider your available options, and choose one that stretches and empowers you.
- Take action based on making the choice that empowers and inspires you to move forward.
- Mistakes are where learning happens, so don’t be afraid of making them.
This is a book about PTSD and how trauma changes brain chemistry. Here are a few things I found interesting:
- Trauma results in fundamental reorganization of the way mind and brain manage perceptions. It changes not only how we think and what we think about, but also our very capacity to think.
- The stress hormones of traumatized people take longer to return to baseline and spike quickly and disproportionally in response to mildly stressful stimuli.
- Depersonalization (feeling nothing) is one symptom of massive dissociation caused by trauma.
The author also covers various treatment options and the effectiveness of each one. This is an interesting book and I highly recommend it.