Camouflage designs are popular in the South. People wear camouflaged shirts, shorts, and pants. I’ve seen trucks with camouflage. I’ve even seen a camouflaged mailbox. However, this camouflaged refrigerator may be a bit much. What do you think?
George Romero passed away yesterday, due to lung cancer. He was 77 years old.
In 1968, George Romero directed the film “Night of the Living Dead.” His film quickly became a classic and is credited for launching the zombie genre into the mainstream.
The movie also featured an African-American man in a leading role and portrayed him as a hero. Ben (played by Duane Jones) was resourceful and level headed, unlike several other characters in the film.
George Romero decided to cast Duane Jones as Ben, because he displayed great skill and was the best actor for the role. George Romero was willing to go against cultural norms, placing a non-white actor in a leading role and as a hero, was simply not done in the late 1960’s.
In many ways, George Romero was way ahead of his time.
One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. – Bob Marley
Music, at its essence, is what gives us memories. And the longer a song has existed in our lives, the more memories we have of it. – Stevie Wonder
Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. – Ludwig Von Beethoven
I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music. – Billy Joel
In his book, “The League of Regrettable Superheroes” Jon Morris covers various superheroes that never gained much popularity. He also discusses the history of the superhero concept and the role it plays in contemporary culture.
The regrettable superheroes that I found most interesting:
- Atoman has the ability to explode atoms.
- The Bouncer can bounce the laziness right out of your soul.
- Captain Tootsie loves to eat tootsie rolls after a long day of fighting crime.
- Doll Man can shrink himself to 6 inches in height, which was his only super power.
- The Eye was “an actual living, speaking, crime-fighting, disembodied, floating giant eyeball.”
- The Face had a specially designed mask that was skintight. He was so scary, criminals fainted at the sight of him.
- Funnyman used to say, “I like the idea of cleaning up on wrong guys with jabs and gags.”
- The Vagabond Prince dressed like a Jester and spoke with a “pseudo-shakesperian dialogue.”
- Maggot Man was infested with maggots and he used those maggots to create extra muscle mass.