A writer uses words to pour their heart and soul onto the page. As a result, they leave themselves open to the world. What happens next is out of their control.
People may react with love, kindness, or admiration. They have the ability to inspire the writer to continue their work. They lift up the writer’s self-esteem and give the writer a feeling of power,
People may also respond with ridicule and hate. They have the ability to rip out the writer’s heart and stomp on it until the writer is left broken and dejected.
Writing can be dangerous. Writers need to have an inner-strength to continually put their words and ideas out there for the world to see.
Wayde Zane Slocumb was a counselor at Alabama Psychological Services, until he was arrested for possessing and distributing child pornography.
I was reading about this case on WHNT.com, which got me thinking about similar arrest that have accorded in this area.
A police officer in Huntsville was arrested a few months ago on sexual assault charges. A youth minister at a Baptist church was arrested for similar charges. Also, several teachers have been arrested for having sexual relationships with their students in the last couple of years.
These are just the stories of the people that got caught. There are many other predators out there that go undetected.
I wonder can you ever really know somebody? I also wonder who can you trust or should you just never trust anybody?
The world is full of wolves in sheep’s clothing and unfortunately they blend very well in our society.
As a blogger, I have managed to get myself into some interesting predicaments. Some of these were done on purpose and some happened by accident. The end result, I survived and I had interesting topics to write about.
The strangest things that happened to me in order to get a blog post:
- Fell out of a moving vehicle
- Covered in poison ivy
- Swarmed by mosquitos (I do mean swarmed. They looked like a thick black cloud surrounding me, my dog Blue, and Gwen.)
- Cracked a couple of ribs
- Ate fried frog legs (That may not seem like a big deal to some people, but I really struggled with it.)
- Had a close encounter with a copperhead snake
- Had a close encounter with an alligator
- Touched a live shark
- Accidentally trespassed into someone’s house (It was truly an accident and it was very embarrassing.)
- Admitted my personal failures
- Told embarrassing stories about myself
- Ripped a hole in one of my tires and ended up stranded for an hour
- My Jeep sank (like the titanic) into a mud hole, until the mud was even with the running boards
- Ran into freezing water on the first day of the year (Poler Bear Plunge, it was a blast)
If you managed to get into weird predicaments as a blogger, share your experiences in the comment section.
This sign hangs beside the door of my work space.