A writer uses words to pour their heart and soul onto the page. As a result, they leave themselves open to the world. What happens next is out of their control.
People may react with love, kindness, or admiration. They have the ability to inspire the writer to continue their work. They lift up the writer’s self-esteem and give the writer a feeling of power,
People may also respond with ridicule and hate. They have the ability to rip out the writer’s heart and stomp on it until the writer is left broken and dejected.
Writing can be dangerous. Writers need to have an inner-strength to continually put their words and ideas out there for the world to see.
Today is the first day of spring. There is something about the start of spiring that makes me smile.
- The harsh cold winter days are ending and warm sunshine fills the void.
- Rain washes over the land and creates a renewal of life.
- Plants and trees stretch out to the sun, their beautiful blooms are popping everywhere, and the bright colors radiate to create a sense of peace in our hearts.
- Spring is a time for renewal of hope.
- Spring brings back a sense of wonder for us all to enjoy.
There is something about spring and I hope it makes you smile today.
A form of distorted thinking, known as self blaming, involves holding yourself responsible for an outcome that was not completely under your control.
A common is example of self blaming includes children blaming themselves for their parents divorce.
Guilt will only weigh you down and cause you to feel miserable. It will not solve any problems.
Using your feelings to determine what is factual is a form of distorted thinking. Our feelings can be influenced by so many things (weather, lighting, lack of sleep, just to name a few). It is important to remember that feelings are not reality.