This book does have some interesting points and ideas to help people lose weight. I would sum up the book by saying:
Long term weight loss is possible if we balance our hormones, such as insulin in the body. Insulin can be balanced through intermittent fasting and eating whole/unprocessed foods. We should also avoid sugar, snacks, sauces, candy, and desserts.
I found this at the store the other day. It’s basically fried fat. I wonder if snacks like this play a role in the obesity problem America is currently experiencing. I may be on to something here.
What are the benefits of a healthy lifestyle?
- Feel better physically and mentally
- Live a longer and healthier life
- Be stronger
- Look better
- Have more confidence
- Have more energy
- Improve mood
In his book, Pete Magill, talks about how developing a running habit transformed his life. The book is interesting, because it is filling with personal/inspirational stories and has a lot of great technical information on running.
Here are a few of my favorite points from the book:
- The act of running is a learned skill, not an innate one, and endurance is earned through weeks and months of training, not through birthright.
- Success in a running program demands patience and planning.
- Run first. Then buy gear and gadgets as your training requires. It’s a mental thing. You’re either starting your running program, or you’re delaying it.
- By starting a running program, you are exercising your power to become the person you want to be. Don’t relinquish that power-not for a second-to the infrequent negative comment.
- The fastest way to become a successful runner is to take your time. Slower gets you there faster. Faster seldom gets you there at all.
- To expect change in the future without instigating that change today is like expecting a flower to blossom from a seed that was never planted. The time to implement change is the present. It’s right now.
This book discusses seven key areas in the weigh loss journey.
- How to develop self-control
- How to control emotional eating
- How to control external pressures
- How to develop new habits
- How to pick better foods
- How to develop an exercise program
- How to develop a support system
I enjoyed reading this book. I also found the information to be helpful in my quest to loss weight and live a healthier lifestyle.
I don’t have diabetes, but I decided to read this book anyway. It is full of information on how to improve your diet and live a healthier lifestyle.
Dr. King is a huge advocate for the “Rural Asian Diet.” This is a diet of mostly high-fiber carbohydrates, fruits, and vegetables. This diet helps with weight loss and reduces risk of diabetes or can help control diabetes.
He also talked about the importance of monitoring and recording your calorie intake to help maintain a healthy weight.
I enjoyed reading this book and would recommend it to anyone interesting in living a healthy lifestyle.