Ice Cream is my cure all food. It doesn’t matter if I:
- Have the flu
- Get the plague
- Stubbed my toe
- Broke every bone in my body
- Wreaked my car
- Lost my house in a tornado
- Was sent to prison for a crime I didn’t commit
- End up in the witness protection program
- Lost all my money in the stock market
Ice Cream makes everything better.
I found this at the store the other day. It’s basically fried fat. I wonder if snacks like this play a role in the obesity problem America is currently experiencing. I may be on to something here.
I saw a box of chocolate Twinkies at the store and thought that must be good. I mean Twinkies are great and chocolate makes everything better.
I am sad to say chocolate Twinkies are not that good. I was disappointed and left wondering what they did wrong to ruin such a wonderful idea.
The Aztecs and the Mayans were the first people groups to cultivate the cocoa bean and make chocolate. They would grind up the cocoa seeds and mix it with water to create a drink. They also used the beans it to make a porridge, and mixed it with various spices.
The Aztecs considered chocolate “food for the gods” and it was served to royal families in golden goblets. However, the Mayans believed chocolate was a gift from the cocoa god.
In the 1500’s, Cortez exported the cocoa bean to Europe. The Europeans began mixing it with sugar and the popularity of chocolate spread like wild fire.
I recommend you take a moment today and enjoy a heavily snack of chocolate. Don’t forget to truly savor the flavor and enjoy each moment.
(sources: www.chocolate-history.co.uk and http://www.exhibits.mannlib.cornell.edu)
We were having potatoes for lunch the other day, but some of the potatoes looked burnt. However, when we cut into the potatoes we noticed they were purple.
I have never seen purple potatoes before, so I am not sure what happened here.
I made a sunshine cake for my friend’s birthday. I actually never heard of it before now, so this was a new experience for me. The cake is easy to make and it taste fabulous.
- You will need moist yellow cake mix, crushed pineapple, mandarin oranges, vanilla pudding, and cream cheese frosting.
- Follow the directions on the cake mix , add the mandarin oranges and half of the crushed pineapples to the mix, and bake.
- Mix the vanilla pudding and the remaining crushed pineapples into the frosting and put the mixture into the refrigerator while your cake is cooking.
Everyone loved this cake and it was devoured in record time.