It’s no secret, going to college is expensive. However, there are a few things you can do to help decrease the burden of college tuition.
- Apply for Pell Grants through your school. Pell Grant money does not have to be paid back and is awarded based on financial need.
- Get a job with a company that offers tuition reimbursement. For example: Apple, Home Depot, Publix, Best Buy, UPS, FedEx, Gap, and Verizon Wireless will help pay for their employees education. Do a google search of businesses in your area to see which ones will offer this benefit.
- Attend a community college for the first two years. The tuition cost at a community college is drastically cheaper. Taking some of your classes at a community college will reduce the total amount you have to pay for your education.
- There are a few colleges that offer free tuition for all of their students. The students are given jobs, at the school, to help offset cost not covered by financial aid. A few of these schools include: College of the Ozarks, Berea College, Curtis Institute of Music, Alice Lloyd College, Webb Institute, and Deep Springs College.
There are thousands of free eBooks on Amazon. It’s like a book lover’s paradise. I’ve compiled a list of my favorite free eBooks as a tiny sample of what is available.
Eric Michael tells readers how to make extra money in his book, Almost Free Money. I admit being skeptical about his claims. However, he did have a few unique and interesting ideas.
Since it is available for free on Amazon, I would recommend it. You might find new ways to boast your income.
Today is Free Comic Book Day, so we went to Deep Comics in Huntsville, Alabama. They had a big selection of freebies and all their regular merchandise was on sale. It was a fun way to spend our Saturday.
If you have time today, check out your local comic book store and you might be able to get some free comic books too.
Worrying about what other people will think about us can rob us of our freedom to be a unique individual. Constantly comparing yourself to others will only lead to dissatisfaction. Allow yourself to be free from the superficial ideals of other people.
The Small Business Association (SBA.GOV) offers free online training courses for small business owners and anyone interested in improving their business skills.
- Customer Service
- Preparing a Business Plan
At the end of each course, there is a list of resources for additional information and assistance.
I found this little guy hiding in my Jeep. In case you are wondering, I didn’t kill the bug. Instead, I took it to some bushes and let go free.