It’s been raining non-stop for days and my yard is flooded. When this happens, worms come out of the ground and end up on our patio.
I woke up this morning and sent my dogs out for their first bathroom break of the day. I go about my business and open the door for them a few minutes later. I really wasn’t paying much attention when they came back into the house. Like I said, I just woke up and wasn’t completely alert.
I went to get my phone and Baby Ben is on my bed with tons of worms stuck in his fur. Apparently, he thought it would be a good idea to roll around in the worms and then decided to take a nap on my bed.
Well, I am alert now!
It’s a good thing he’s cute, or I would have to trade him in for a goldfish.
I stayed up till midnight to ring in the new year, because I am full of youthful vigor. By which I mean, I took a nap.
My favorite jokes from this book are:
- Q: Who sings, “Love me tender,” and makes Christmas toys?
- A: Santa’s Little Elvis
- Q: What was the hairdresser’s favorite Christmas song?
- A: Oh comb all ye faithful
- Q: Why did the reindeer wear sunglasses at the beach?
- A: Because he didn’t want to be recognized
- Q: How does Santa Claus take pictures?
- A: With his North Pole-aroid
Creative Reasons to Call in Sick
- Spring fever
- Winter blues
- Zombie bite
- Hit by a deer
- Caffeine withdrawal
- Injured by falling out of bed
- Indigestion due to overeating
- Vitamin D deficiency must spend the day at the beach
- Legs fell asleep and cannot walk
- Hair emergency roots are showing
- Poisoned by a family member
- Wii elbow
What are some other reasons for calling in sick? Share your ideas in the comment section.