Education is the passport to the future for the tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today. – Malcolm X
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. – Eleanor Roosevelt
Education is the foundation upon which we build our future. Christin Gregoire
There is nothing like a dream to create the future. – Victor Hugo
If I were to pick a traffic sign that represents life, I would go with this one.
Life is about moving forward, leaving the past in the past, and making tomorrow a better day.
Growing up I looked forward to achieving certain milestones, because it meant I was entering adulthood. It seemed like it would take forever for me to get a driver’s license, finish high school, and get my own car. I counted down the years for what seemed like eternity.
However, I achieved those milestones about thirty years ago. It boggles my mind how much time has passed. I am now watching my niece become an adult and she too has achieved those milestones.
It just doesn’t feel right. It seems strange somehow. Do you know what I mean?
The cover of this book does not do it justice. I enjoyed reading it and found it to be interesting as well as educational.
Here are a few quotes that highlight the main points:
- Books matter. They contain knowledge, and knowledge, as the saying goes is power.
- Books are matter: they are containers, crucibles, confrontations. They can teach, guide, inspire, soothe, and agitate.
- Google is becoming the most-used research channel. In such context, national libraries will be pivotal for their preservation role, with researchers access being provided through other channels.
- The meaning of the word ‘book’ itself will change forever and will never again be confined to that of a physical object to be held, admired, loved, subject to spilt coffee or burning by dictators. The ‘book’ will be defined more around its function than any of its characteristics.
- Academic books can deeply affect the ways that human beings perceive the world and interact with one another, playing an important role in cultural change.