According to the dictionary, to empower is “to give power or authority to.”
Don’t empower your past and allow it to control your life today. Don’t empower other people and let them decide what direction your life will take. Empower yourself and take control of your own life.
If you spend your life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine. – Morris West
What makes my life fun? What are my favorite things?
- Going to museums
- Free concerts
- Spending time with family and friends
- Taking naps
- Reading books
- Getting cards in the mail
- Off roading in my Jeep
- Driving through the country
- The smell of old books
- Spending time in nature
- Going to libraries
- Going to bookstores
- Being spontaneous
- Sleeping on sheets fresh out of the dryer
- Walking through a park
- Playing video games at an arcade
- Making people laugh
- Watching animals play
- Petting my dogs
- Playing boardgames
- Spending time alone
- Netflix binging
How about you? What makes you happy?
I enjoy this song, because it reminds me to appreciate the little things in life and to do something fun each day.
Jones is one of the main characters in the book. Jones notices things about people and helps them in times of trouble. He teaches people how to gain a new perspective on their life. He shows them how to be the person they want to be. Many lives were dramatically changed, due to Jones.
A few of the principles taught by Jones are:
- The struggles of life give us the strength we need to succeed in the future.
- Read about the lives of great people, read about their struggles, their failures, and their success. The experience of others is the best teacher.
- If you continually focus on your needs, you will continually find things you need. Instead, focus on the blessings you already have in life. Gratitude will fill your life with happiness and abundance.
- Happy and enthusiastic people are able to influence those around them.
This was a fun book to read and it’s defiantly a book worth reading multiple times.
Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy. – Anne Frank
Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. – Marcel Proust
Life is like a roller coaster, live it, be happy, enjoy life. – Avril Lavigne
When I am myself, I am happy and have a good result. – Jack Ma