Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
I shall allow no man to belittle my soul by making me hate him. – Booker T. Washington
What can happen in a second?
- A baby can take their first breath of life
- A bullet can leave a gun, zoom through the air, and destroy a life
- A smile can brighten someone’s day and lift their spirits
- Expressing gratitude can make someone feel special
- A harsh word, spoken in anger, can break a person’s spirit
- A hug can bring heeling and peace to a troubled soul
A lot can happen in a second. We can bring heeling, peace, and love to others. We can also create destruction, agony, and death. Every second matters, so use them wisely.