Once I hit my mid 40’s, I noticed a marked increase in the number of times I had to use the bathroom. I even get up in the middle of the night to pee on a regular basis. I got to wondering why this was happening to me, so I googled it.
When you are young your body produces a hormone that will concentrate your urine. This allows you to sleep all night without needing a bathroom break. Unfortunately, as we age we produce less of this hormone.
If you are up in years and wondering why you have to pee all the time, now you know.
Ten Warning Signs of Hearing Loss:
- People seem to mumble more frequently.
- You experience ringing in your ears.
- You often ask people to repeat themselves.
- Your family complains that you play the radio or TV too loudly.
- You no longer hear normal household sounds, such as a dripping faucet.
- You have difficulty understanding conversation when in a large group or crowd.
- You hear, but have trouble understanding words in a conversation.
- You find telephone conversation increasingly difficult.
- You have trouble hearing when your back is turned to speaker.
- You have been told you speak too loudly.
This book does have some interesting points and ideas to help people lose weight. I would sum up the book by saying:
Long term weight loss is possible if we balance our hormones, such as insulin in the body. Insulin can be balanced through intermittent fasting and eating whole/unprocessed foods. We should also avoid sugar, snacks, sauces, candy, and desserts.
I found this at the store the other day. It’s basically fried fat. I wonder if snacks like this play a role in the obesity problem America is currently experiencing. I may be on to something here.
The dictionary defines change as, “to become different in some way, to change is to adjust develop, transform, or revise.”
However, you cannot have change without discipline.
Discipline is defined as, “a system of rules of conduct or method of practice; to be disciplined is to have self-control, self-restraint, and self-mastery.”
Basically, change takes discipline. The two work together.
What are the benefits of a healthy lifestyle?
- Feel better physically and mentally
- Live a longer and healthier life
- Be stronger
- Look better
- Have more confidence
- Have more energy
- Improve mood