Today is the first day of spring. There is something about the start of spiring that makes me smile.
- The harsh cold winter days are ending and warm sunshine fills the void.
- Rain washes over the land and creates a renewal of life.
- Plants and trees stretch out to the sun, their beautiful blooms are popping everywhere, and the bright colors radiate to create a sense of peace in our hearts.
- Spring is a time for renewal of hope.
- Spring brings back a sense of wonder for us all to enjoy.
There is something about spring and I hope it makes you smile today.
In the first part of Matthew 7, Jesus warns the crowd to not be judgmental of others. They should first repent of their own sins and live according to biblical principles, before they even try to help someone else overcome sin. Basically, Jesus was telling them to practice what you preach and don’t be a hypocrite.
Unfortunately, I have been on the receiving end of hypocritical judgement. I have a lot of tattoos, wear cargo pants all the time, and I tend to be a bit unconventional. Some people have passed judgement on me and told all sorts of lies about me. The people that spread those hateful rumors about me, don’t really know me. They are just acquaintances.
It can hurt when that happens to you. However, I have to remember that I will not answer to them and they have no right to sit in judgment over me. They don’t even know what they are talking about.
I also wonder why they feel the need to be so hateful. What is going on in their lives that has lead them to be so judgmental of someone they barley know? Why is their heart filled with anger and hate?
After a while, I actually start to feel sorry for them.