This book teaches people in need of change to help people in need of change. Here are a few interesting tips I discovered while reading Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hands.
- Our eyes can be so focused on the problem that we miss the person and the struggles within.
- We build relationships by identifying with suffering.
- Enter their world, get to know what they are facing, and help them understand their resources in Christ to face their particular situation.
Road Map to Change
- Consideration – What does God what the person to see?
- Confession – What does God what the person to admit or confess?
- Commitment – To what new ways of living is God calling this person?
- Change – How should these new commitments be applied to daily living?