Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom. – Thomas Jefferson
Honesty is the fastest way to prevent a mistake from turning into a failure. – James Altucher
Honesty and integrity are by far the most important assets of an entrepreneur. Zig Ziglar
The book, Spy the Lie, is about deception detection. It covers common behavioral traits found in people when they lie.
The first section of the book talks about behavioral myths. There are no automatic signs of deception. People’s behavior will change based on a number of reasons, so it is important to know the context of each behavior.
The second section of the book, looks at common communication and behavioral patterns of people who are being deceptive. However, it is important to keep in mind that things are not always what they seem and context matters.
The following are signs of deception:
- Failure to answer
- Absence of an explicit denial
- Statements that fail to answer the question
- Inconsistent statements
- Going into attack mode
- Overly specific answers
- Process or procedural complaints
- Failure to understand a simple question
- Selective Memory
It’s Make a Friend Day, so I decided to post a few tips on how to make friends.
- Be willing to help others, even if it’s not convenient for you. One day you will need help and it will be an inconvenience to other people.
- Be willing to forgive and remember nobody is perfect. One day you will need people to forgive you.
- Celebrate the successes of other people and resist jealousy.
- Comfort people in times of failure or need, without gloating or belittling them.
- Be a trustworthy person.
Basically, be the friend you want your friend to be.
Cute dog friendship photos to celebrate Make a Friend Day
Ben is the large white dog. He is a Great Pyrenees and weighs over 100 pounds. Buddy is the black dog. He is a Beagle/Rottweiler mix and weighs just under 50 pounds. Both dogs are two years old and, as you can see from the pictures, they are best friends.