In my opinion, one of the saddest aspects of American culture is the desire to obtain large amounts of material items. People spend a vast amount of time working to provide these items to their family. However, their continued absence causes them to lose the family they love.
If you love dogs and have a passion for animals, you might enjoy one of these carrier options.
- Pet Sitter
- Dog Walker
- Pet Photographer
- Veterinarian Technician
- Pet Store Associate
- Dog Trainer
- Animal Rights Lawyer
- Therapy Dog Handler
To me it seems amazing that anything is ever accomplished in the Thaler household. We have a mix of extreme introverts and type B personalities, which makes things interesting.
Common Conversations in the Thaler House:
- Thaler A – Can you do such and such?
- Thaler A (days later) – How come you didn’t get such and such done?
- Thaler B – You were serious about that? I thought it was a suggestion.
- Thaler A – Can you do blah blah tomorrow?
- Thaler B – It depends on what time I wake up?
- Thaler A – What time do you plan on getting up in the morning?
- Thaler B – I don’t know, it depends on how tired I am.
- Thaler A – We need to complete the whatever project today.
- Thaler B – First, I have to lay on the couch and psych myself up for that project.
- Thaler A – Cool, I’ll check back with you in 30 minutes.
- Thaler A – We have to reschedule the such and such appointment. That will make three appointments in one day and I can’t deal with that much human interaction in the same day.
- Thaler B – Agreed, I will reschedule the appointment.
- Thaler A – Cool
The amazing thing is we do actually manage to get things done and take care of all our responsibilities. It’s baffling, but true.
I have read Work This Way several times and it is one of my favorite books. The book is designed to help people discover their own career path.
- Learn everything you can about your desired career (read books, talk to experts in that field, take advantage of any training options available at your current job, use volunteer work to increase your skills, take classes, and continually look for new learning opportunities).
- The author also discusses options for people stuck in jobs they dislike. He lays out a plan of action that involves using your current job as a catalyst to a new job.
- There is also a section on networking and building relationships, which includes a “do’s and don’ts” list.
I highly recommend this book and give it an A+
Jerry Newman is a university professor. He took a sabbatical from his job to work in the fast food industry, as part of a human resources research project. His findings and insights are recorded in his book, My Secret Life on the McJob.
Jerry Newman was able to capture the personal side of his co-workers life, as it relate to working in fast food. He also spoke highly of the skills that each employee learned as a result of their job:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Time Management
- Working Under Pressure
- Leadership Skills
- Customer Service
The book also covered the negative aspects of being in the fast food industry. Employees often felt marginalized by society and are often treated poorly by customers, because their jobs are seen as unimportant.
I think this book is worth reading and I really enjoyed it.
I give it an A-
I love my dogs. They are hilarious, cute, and friendly. Each dog has his own personality. They get along with each other and love to run around the house playing or wrestling.
However, I am not as enthused about the poop scooping job. Our yard is kind of small, so this job must be done on a regular basis.
This winter we had a lot of cold rainy days, which made the scoop poop job even worse. I decided to call Pet Butler to get a quote for their services.
Pet Butler comes every week to pick up the poop and take it away for disposal. Best of all, the price is very reasonable.
I am a huge fan of Pet Butler and my only regret is not calling them sooner.