I decided to read the original book by Carlo Collodi. I realized the story is much longer than I anticipated. The book is 160 pages.
I also discovered, there is a lot to be learned from this story.
- Beware of false friends that want to take advantage of you
- Listen to those who love you and provide wise advice
- There are dangers to being disobedient that are not obvious in the beginning
- Family is important
- Don’t abandoned those who love and care for you
I took an art class at Pinot’s Palette. It was a blast and the instructors were wonderful. I had so much fun, I decided to take another class next month.
This is my painting. It wasn’t a difficult piece, but birds gave me a bit of trouble.
Gwen said she wanted to learn how to ride a horse. I thought it over for a while and decided it would be a great idea. Sure she would have fun, but there are other benefits as well.
- Horseback riding is great physical exercise and increases body strength.
- Horseback riding helps improve coordination, which will benefit the person in every aspect of their life.
- Horseback riding lessons teaches respect for animals.
- Horseback riding is a lot of work. There is work to be done preparing the horse for riding and then grooming the horse afterward. This will allow the rider to learn the value of hard work and receive positive reinforcements for that work.
- When riding a horse, following the instructor’s directions is essential. Horses are docile creatures, but they are extremely large. Failure to do what the instructor says can lead to painful injuries.
- Horseback riding lessons will also teach perseverance. Everyone makes mistakes when learning a new skill. The key to being successful is to learn from the mistakes. Success comes with perseverance.
- Improving your skills and knowledge through horseback riding lessons, will also have a positive effect on the student’s self-esteem.
I know Gwen will have fun learning how to ride a horse, but that is not the only benefits she will receive.