I decided to read the original book by Carlo Collodi. I realized the story is much longer than I anticipated. The book is 160 pages.
I also discovered, there is a lot to be learned from this story.
- Beware of false friends that want to take advantage of you
- Listen to those who love you and provide wise advice
- There are dangers to being disobedient that are not obvious in the beginning
- Family is important
- Don’t abandoned those who love and care for you
This is my favorite quote by Henry David Thoreau. I find it inspiring.
I enjoyed reading To Kill a Mockingbird, so I decided to read Go Set a Watchman. However, I didn’t care for the book.
It felt like the book was leading up to some climatic event, but it never happened. The characters interaction seemed bland and lacking in someway.
I found Go Set a Watchman to be a bit of a disappointment.
Lewis Carroll is best know for Alice in Wonderland. However, he wrote other books and poetry. My favorite poem by Lewis Carroll is “How Doth.”
- How doth the little crocodile
- Improve his shining tail
- And pour the waters of the Nile
- On every golden scale!
- How cheerfully he seems to grin
- How neatly spreads his claws
- And welcomes little fishes in
- With gently smiling jaws!