- Anne Frank’s Diary
- Soldier Boys
- Into the Wild
- The Alchemist
- Fahrenheit 451
- Black Like Me
- Slaughter House Five
- The Devil’s Arithmetic
- Who Moved my Cheese
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- Grit to Great
- The Survivor’s Club
- Three Dimensional Dog
- Great Expectations
What are your favorite books?
My favorite quotes from The Wit & Wisdom of Mark Twain:
- A human being has a natural desire to have more of a good thing than he needs.
- It is our nature to conform; it is a force which not many can successfully resist.
- An uneasy conscience is a hair in the mouth.
- I was seldom able to see an opportunity until it had ceased to be one.
- Experience is an author’s most valuable asset; experience is the thing that puts the muscle and the breath and the warm blood into the book he writes.
- Many a small thing has been made large by advertising.
- Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).
- Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
Emily Dickinson was a great and prolific writer. She was also extremely introverted and a recluse. Today she would probably be diagnosed as agoraphobic.
This is my favorite poem by Emily Dickinson.
I’m nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody too?
Then There’s a pair of us – don’t tell!
They’d banish us, you know.
How dreary to be somebody!
How public like a frog
To tell you name the live long day
To an admiring bog!
There are thousands of free eBooks on Amazon. It’s like a book lover’s paradise. I’ve compiled a list of my favorite free eBooks as a tiny sample of what is available.
I decided to read the original book by Carlo Collodi. I realized the story is much longer than I anticipated. The book is 160 pages.
I also discovered, there is a lot to be learned from this story.
- Beware of false friends that want to take advantage of you
- Listen to those who love you and provide wise advice
- There are dangers to being disobedient that are not obvious in the beginning
- Family is important
- Don’t abandoned those who love and care for you