What can happen in a second?
- A baby can take their first breath of life
- A bullet can leave a gun, zoom through the air, and destroy a life
- A smile can brighten someone’s day and lift their spirits
- Expressing gratitude can make someone feel special
- A harsh word, spoken in anger, can break a person’s spirit
- A hug can bring heeling and peace to a troubled soul
A lot can happen in a second. We can bring heeling, peace, and love to others. We can also create destruction, agony, and death. Every second matters, so use them wisely.
I was in Celebrate Recovery a few weeks ago and the leader was talking about how we should treat other people. He summed it up perfectly, treat you fellow man with:
Where we love is home – home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts. – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
Nothing can bring a real sense of security into the home except true love. – Billy Graham
There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort. – Jane Austen
The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home. – Confucius