When I was born, my mom was still in high school. I can’t even imagine how hard that must have been for her. I am sure she was scared and worried about the future. However, she was determined and always did the best she could.
When I hear this song, I think about my mother. I think about how hard those early years were for her. I admire her for all she did and for always being there for me.
Today is Mother’s Day, so I thought it would be a good time for me to apologize to my mom.
Mom, I am sorry for:
- Hiding rubber snakes in the bed
- Putting that fuzzy worm on your shoulder
- Putting fish from the creek into our bathtub
- All those times you had to visit the principle, because I got in trouble at school
- Being extremely stubborn and ignoring everything you said
- Putting a plastic spider in your hair
- Hiding my brother in the shrunk
- All those speeding tickets I go as a teenager
- Being rebellious and obnoxious
It didn’t matter how much trouble I caused, how mischievous or reckless I behaved, you where always there. You never abandoned me or gave up on me. You are an awesome mom and I love you.
I received a memory notification from Facebook and it made me laugh.
This is my mom’s dog, Norton. Two years ago, I put a Happy Mother’s Day sign around his neck and took a few photos. Norton was not happy with me. He looks absolutely pitiful in the pictures.
I know I can be a pain sometimes. I know I get on your nerves. I know I don’t pay attention very well. I know I am stubborn and difficult to deal with. However, it’s not totally my fault. As they say in the South, I come by it honestly.
Happy Mother’s Day!