Is peace possible?
According to Webster’s Dictionary, peace is defined as a “state of tranquility or quite; freedom from civil disturbance.”
Humans are social beings with a natural desire to connect, to be a part of a group. We also seem to have a natural tendency to fear groups that are different and to look down upon other groups.
Peace isn’t easy. Peace takes work. We have to look deep into ourselves and confront our own demons, before we can be peacemakers. To actually have peace in this world, we all must be willing to go through that uncomfortable process.
I fear this world will never be at peace, because there will always be those who are unwilling to work for peace.
What are your thoughts on the possibility of peace?
Life is full of little things that bring happiness, but they are often overlooked. These little things can brighten up your day and put a smile to your face.
Below is a list of some of the little things that make me happy.
- Taking a nap
- Singing while driving
- Listening to the birds sing
- Petting dogs
- Philosophizing with friends
- Hiking in the woods
- Watching puppies play
- Reading books
- Sitting on a beach
- Reminiscing with friends and family
- Playing Scattergories
- Going to Museums
- Watching high school football games
- Getting birthday cards
- Playing music so loud that I can actually feel it
- Hanging out at libraries
What are some of the little things that make you happy?
This is my favorite hymn, because it speaks to my heart on a very deep level.
What can happen in a second?
- A baby can take their first breath of life
- A bullet can leave a gun, zoom through the air, and destroy a life
- A smile can brighten someone’s day and lift their spirits
- Expressing gratitude can make someone feel special
- A harsh word, spoken in anger, can break a person’s spirit
- A hug can bring heeling and peace to a troubled soul
A lot can happen in a second. We can bring heeling, peace, and love to others. We can also create destruction, agony, and death. Every second matters, so use them wisely.
One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. – Bob Marley
Music, at its essence, is what gives us memories. And the longer a song has existed in our lives, the more memories we have of it. – Stevie Wonder
Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. – Ludwig Von Beethoven
I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music. – Billy Joel