I am 45 years old today and I am ready to have a mid-life crisis. Here are a few of the things I am considering.
- Marring a rockstar
- Taking part in a brawl
- Buying a Harley-Davidson
- Becoming a stand-up comedian
- Becoming a cryptozoologist
- Becoming a NASCAR driver
- Becoming a volunteer firefighter
- Learning to play the drums
Do you have any ideas for my mid-life crisis? Let me know in the comment section.
Wanderlust means to have a strong desire to travel, which is a good description of me. I have a bit of wild side and a tendency to seek out adventure.
I want to enjoy my life. I don’t want to waste my time on this earth. I want to experience as many things as possible. I want to stay wilder than the wind.
I posted and answered a few typical ice breaker questions, so you could get to know a little better. Also, I would love for you to answer some or all the questions, so I can learn more about you.
- Would you rather vacation in Alaska or Hawaii? I would prefer Alaska, because it is beautiful and not crowded.
- How many pairs of shoes do you own? I own three pairs of shoes (one pair of house-shoes, one pair of sneakers, and one pair hiking shoes).
- What’s your favorite holiday? I really enjoy Christmas, because there are a ton of fun activities, the lights and decorations are lovely, and exchanging gifts is fun.
- If you could describe yourself as an animal, which one would it be? I would go with raccoon. They are intelligent, curious, silly, and mischievous. That’s a great description for me as well.
- What’s your life slogan? Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome
- What outdoor activities do you enjoy? I enjoy hiking and biking.
- Where were you born? I was born in Ft Bliss (El Paso) Texas.
- What kind of music do you enjoy? I usually listen to Country and Southern Rock.
- What hobbies do you enjoy? My favorite hobbies are blogging, reading, and photography.
I am an extreme introvert. I thought it would be cool to get a shirt that perfectly proclaimed my introverted personality, so I went to Amazon and found several really good designs.
- This first shirt is totally me.
2. This shirt is my favorite.
3. A social club that doesn’t require actual interaction with people, sounds like a cool idea.
4. I can deal with a club that meets occasionally, in small groups, for limited periods of time.
5. That’s why I prefer living in rural areas, the cities are so peopley.
Are you an introvert and can you relate to any of these shirts? Let me know which one is your favorite.
In Matthew 12:22-50, Jesus has a lot to say about character. For example,
- A tree is known by its fruit
- Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks
Webster defines character as the mental and ethical traits of a person. Those traits could be positive or negative.
Positive character traits that I try to incorporate into my life include:
I don’t always live up to my goal, but I learn from my mistakes and try again.
Norton weighs 14 pounds and Ben is over 100 pounds. Every night, Norton claims the largest food bowl for himself and Ben is stuck eating out of the tiny food bowl. Once Ben empties his bowl, he will wait for Norton to leave and then finish off the leftovers.
Norton may be a little guy, but he has a big attitude.
Joey is the happiest dog I have ever seen. His personality type can best be described as a party looking for a place to happen.
A few days ago, Joey went to the veterinarian’s office for his yearly shots. He rushed in the door and greeted everyone with great enthusiasm. The doctor was checking Joey’s vitals and giving him his shots, while Joey was resting his head on her shoulder trying to give her a hug. He got extra treats for that, of course.
Joey is one happy dog.