I was watching my dogs play and thinking about how they were rescued.
Norton was living behind a dumpster. Buddy was found as a puppy in a box with his siblings and they had been abandoned. Joey and Blue were both strays found on the side of the road. Most of them exhibited signs of abuse.
With time, each dog discovered this would be their forever home. They would always be loved and have plenty of food. As they relaxed and grew comfortable in their new home, their true personalities began to shine through.
They all live in the moment and never dwell on their past. They are happy and care free. I admire them for that ability.
I decided to take the Meyers Briggs Personality Test. You can take the test free at 16personalities.com.
My personality type is INFP (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Perception), which is also known as the dreamer personality.
INFP Pros: idealist, can find the good in any situation, flexible, lead by purity of intent not rewards or punishment, great communicators, and creative
INFP Cons: often feel misunderstood, can become withdrawn, can be impractical, and dislike dealing with data
This personality type is fairly rare and comprises only 4% of the population. After I read this, things started to make more sense. I am unique in my family. In fact, there is a running joke about the possibility of a baby mixup at the hospital when I was born.
If you have taken this test, I would like to know about your results and what you think about it.
I am 45 years old today and I am ready to have a mid-life crisis. Here are a few of the things I am considering.
- Marring a rockstar
- Taking part in a brawl
- Buying a Harley-Davidson
- Becoming a stand-up comedian
- Becoming a cryptozoologist
- Becoming a NASCAR driver
- Becoming a volunteer firefighter
- Learning to play the drums
Do you have any ideas for my mid-life crisis? Let me know in the comment section.
Wanderlust means to have a strong desire to travel, which is a good description of me. I have a bit of wild side and a tendency to seek out adventure.
I want to enjoy my life. I don’t want to waste my time on this earth. I want to experience as many things as possible. I want to stay wilder than the wind.
I posted and answered a few typical ice breaker questions, so you could get to know a little better. Also, I would love for you to answer some or all the questions, so I can learn more about you.
- Would you rather vacation in Alaska or Hawaii? I would prefer Alaska, because it is beautiful and not crowded.
- How many pairs of shoes do you own? I own three pairs of shoes (one pair of house-shoes, one pair of sneakers, and one pair hiking shoes).
- What’s your favorite holiday? I really enjoy Christmas, because there are a ton of fun activities, the lights and decorations are lovely, and exchanging gifts is fun.
- If you could describe yourself as an animal, which one would it be? I would go with raccoon. They are intelligent, curious, silly, and mischievous. That’s a great description for me as well.
- What’s your life slogan? Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome
- What outdoor activities do you enjoy? I enjoy hiking and biking.
- Where were you born? I was born in Ft Bliss (El Paso) Texas.
- What kind of music do you enjoy? I usually listen to Country and Southern Rock.
- What hobbies do you enjoy? My favorite hobbies are blogging, reading, and photography.