Do you ever feel like your life is stuck in a rut? If so, this book is for you. The author provides tips on how to improve your life and thought patterns. Here are a few examples:
- Develop your courage muscles by doing something everyday that scares the heck out of you.
- Consider your available options, and choose one that stretches and empowers you.
- Take action based on making the choice that empowers and inspires you to move forward.
- Mistakes are where learning happens, so don’t be afraid of making them.
The title of this book is self-explanatory. It’s full of advice on how to be kind to others. I am sharing a few of my favorite ideas.
My life has been full of interesting adventures, because I jump at opportunities when they are presented. When I am scared or nervous, I do it anyway. When I think I can’t do something, I do it anyway. When I think I will probably fail (which happens sometimes), I do it anyway.
Here are a few examples:
- Learned a second language
- Started my own business
- Attended a protest
- Was in a play
- Rode in an airboat
- Stated taking karate classes
- Participated in the Polar Bear Plunge
- Put a giant snake around my neck
- Published a book
- Traveled the world
- Touched a live shark
- Visited a snake handling church
- Got a PhD
When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things. – Joe Namath
At the end of the day, if I can say I had fun, it was a good day. – Simone Biles
Just keep taking chances and having fun. – Garth Brooks
Never, ever underestimate the importance of having fun. – Randy Pausch
This book is about a young man seeking his personal legend (following his dreams).
While I was reading the book, I spent a good deal of time thinking about my own personal legend.
I enjoy reading, traveling, and seeking out unique adventures. I also enjoy writing about my adventures, my life, and my thoughts on various subjects.
At this point in my life, I am able to do all these things. I feel like I am living my own personal legend.
Today is National Random Acts of Kindness Day, so take time to be kind.
I was watching a zombie film and realized I know people with a zombie personality disorder.
They devour resources and drain the life out of others. They leave nothing, but waste and garbage behind them. They take as much as they can, yet they never give or help others.