Treating Poison Ivy

thumbnail.jpeg

I was walking through thick brush and not paying attention to the foliage around me, until my legs became insnared by a thorn bush.  I looked down and noticed I was surrounded by poison ivy.

My legs had multiple welts and were extremely itchy.  A friend recommended washing my legs in rubbing alcohol, because it will dry up the welts and remove all the poison from my skin.

I was skeptical, but willing to give it a try.  To my amazement the rubbing alcohol did a fantastic job.  I can still see a few spots on my legs, but they do not itch at all.

If you ever end up with poison ivy, try rubbing alcohol.  It works wonders.