I always write with blue ink pens. I think the blue ink stand out more, because most notebooks have black lines. I like how the blue pops out on the page. Also, blue happens to be my favorite color.
It may seem trivial or weird, but I have a strong preference for blue ink pens. Does anyone else feel the same way about their ink color, or is it just me?
I make a to-do list, so I can remember what needs to be done in a day. If I end up doing something that wasn’t on the list, I will add it to the list, so I can mark it off the list.
It sounds weird, but it helps me feel like I accomplished more during the day.
Does anyone else add things to their list, just so they can mark them off the list? Maybe it’s just me. Maybe I’m weird.
I posted and answered a few typical ice breaker questions, so you could get to know a little better. Also, I would love for you to answer some or all the questions, so I can learn more about you.
- Would you rather vacation in Alaska or Hawaii? I would prefer Alaska, because it is beautiful and not crowded.
- How many pairs of shoes do you own? I own three pairs of shoes (one pair of house-shoes, one pair of sneakers, and one pair hiking shoes).
- What’s your favorite holiday? I really enjoy Christmas, because there are a ton of fun activities, the lights and decorations are lovely, and exchanging gifts is fun.
- If you could describe yourself as an animal, which one would it be? I would go with raccoon. They are intelligent, curious, silly, and mischievous. That’s a great description for me as well.
- What’s your life slogan? Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome
- What outdoor activities do you enjoy? I enjoy hiking and biking.
- Where were you born? I was born in Ft Bliss (El Paso) Texas.
- What kind of music do you enjoy? I usually listen to Country and Southern Rock.
- What hobbies do you enjoy? My favorite hobbies are blogging, reading, and photography.
I have a question for my blogger friends. Have you ever gotten rude comments on one of your blog posts? If so, did you respond or just ignore it?
I’ve had a few on my blog. For example, I have been called an idiot and I was told my blog is full of useless drivel.
I just ignore such comments. If the person had some constructive criticism, then I would pay attention. However, saying mean things to people while hiding behind a computer screen is something a coward would do and it has no effect on me.
Can people change?
I think people can change. I have changed a lot over the years. I am a better person now than I was in my youth. However, changing is not easy. It requires a lot of work, personal reflection, and dedication.
What do you think? Can people change?
If a tree falls in a forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound? My answer is “no,” but before you think I’ve lost my mind take a minute to read my explanation.
Sounds come from sound waves. When the tree falls it creates sound waves, which goes through the air. When those waves reach our ears, that information is translated into sound.
If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?
No, the tree made a sound wave. It did not make a sound.
John the Baptist was a prophet. He proclaimed the coming of Christ. He preached boldly and with great conviction. He baptized Jesus and witnessed the miracle of God’s blessing on Jesus.
In Matthew 11, John the Baptist is in prison for preaching the truth. His spirt is broken and he is no longer positive Jesus is the Christ. John sent messengers to Jesus to ask if he was the Christ.
Jesus answered the messengers by pointing to the evidence. Jesus didn’t condemn John for his lack of faith. Instead, Jesus told the crowd John the Baptist was a great prophet.
We may find our faith failing us. We may find worry and anxiety taking over our life. We may wonder if God cares about us. We may even feel guilty for our lack of faith. However, the way Jesus answered John the Baptist shows us that God will not condemn us. God stands by his people even when our faith fails.