About twenty years ago, I was sitting in a benefits meeting at work. The speaker was explaining our new life insurance policy and closed with a time for questions.
The woman next to me raised her hand and asked, “While this life insurance policy cover me if I’m killed while in the act of committing a felony?”
My eyebrows when up and all sorts of stuff was running through my mind. I was wondering what does she normally do during her off time.
That was the strangest question I have ever heard during a business meeting.
I don’t follow directions well. I also fail to pay attention when people tell me what to do. It’s not intentional. My brain is busy and full of ideas. Those other words seem to clutter the path. In the end, I always do my own thing.
How about you? Do you follow directions?
I always write with blue ink pens. I think the blue ink stand out more, because most notebooks have black lines. I like how the blue pops out on the page. Also, blue happens to be my favorite color.
It may seem trivial or weird, but I have a strong preference for blue ink pens. Does anyone else feel the same way about their ink color, or is it just me?
I make a to-do list, so I can remember what needs to be done in a day. If I end up doing something that wasn’t on the list, I will add it to the list, so I can mark it off the list.
It sounds weird, but it helps me feel like I accomplished more during the day.
Does anyone else add things to their list, just so they can mark them off the list? Maybe it’s just me. Maybe I’m weird.
I posted and answered a few typical ice breaker questions, so you could get to know a little better. Also, I would love for you to answer some or all the questions, so I can learn more about you.
- Would you rather vacation in Alaska or Hawaii? I would prefer Alaska, because it is beautiful and not crowded.
- How many pairs of shoes do you own? I own three pairs of shoes (one pair of house-shoes, one pair of sneakers, and one pair hiking shoes).
- What’s your favorite holiday? I really enjoy Christmas, because there are a ton of fun activities, the lights and decorations are lovely, and exchanging gifts is fun.
- If you could describe yourself as an animal, which one would it be? I would go with raccoon. They are intelligent, curious, silly, and mischievous. That’s a great description for me as well.
- What’s your life slogan? Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome
- What outdoor activities do you enjoy? I enjoy hiking and biking.
- Where were you born? I was born in Ft Bliss (El Paso) Texas.
- What kind of music do you enjoy? I usually listen to Country and Southern Rock.
- What hobbies do you enjoy? My favorite hobbies are blogging, reading, and photography.