The weather has been dismal for a few days now.
The sky is a dull grey color, which strangely resembles cigarette ashes.
There is daylight, but there is no sun to be seen.
The rain and the heat mixes to create an oppressive humidity in the air.
I look out the window, but my view is distorted by raindrops.
My mood is impacted by the dismal day.
My emotional state is gloomy.
I have weather induced doldrums.
I want to hibernate until the sun returns.
If anyone needs me, I will be hiding under the covers.
Today is the first day of spring. There is something about the start of spiring that makes me smile.
- The harsh cold winter days are ending and warm sunshine fills the void.
- Rain washes over the land and creates a renewal of life.
- Plants and trees stretch out to the sun, their beautiful blooms are popping everywhere, and the bright colors radiate to create a sense of peace in our hearts.
- Spring is a time for renewal of hope.
- Spring brings back a sense of wonder for us all to enjoy.
There is something about spring and I hope it makes you smile today.
If we get anymore rain, Mom is going to have to buy floaties for her little Norton.