I consider myself to be a modern-day high-class redneck.
- My ancestors were coal miners and moonshiners.
- I’m pretty honkey looking .
- I have a lot of tattoos.
- I listen to country music.
- I love hanging out in the woods.
- I drive a Jeep.
- I live in a small rural community in Alabama.
- I have five dogs.
- I’m not scared of snakes, rodents, or tornados.
- I have a “farmers tan,” which means my arms and neck are tan, but the rest of me is pasty white.
- I was born in Texas.
- I come home from work covered in sweat, dirt, and mud.
- I basically wear jeans and t-shirts all the time.
- The only shoes I own are boots and sneakers.
In spite of all those things, I also have a Ph.D., and I have traveled all over the world. That’s why I call myself a modern day high-class redneck.
You might be a redneck if you use an old door as a porch post.